Monday, December 20, 2010
Don't that look YUMMY? Can't you just smell it!! I love homemade bread and have discovered that I love homemade cinnamon raisin bread too!! YUM!!
I thought I would share the recipe! I take my basic recipe I have for no-knead bread and add a few steps :-)
No-Knead Cinnamon Raisin Bread
3 pkg dry yeast (about 6 3/4 tsp)
3 3/4 cups warm water (100 to 110 degrees)
10 cups all-purpose flour
6 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp stick margarine, melted
1 tbsp salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
6 tbsp melted butter, divided
1 cup sugar, divided
6 tbsp cinnamon, divided
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
2. Add flour and next 4 ingredients to yeast mixture, stirring until well blended. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until double in size. (Press two fingers into dough, if indention remains, the dough has risen enough.)
3.Divide dough roughly into 3 equal pieces. If the dough is a bit sticky you may have to add flour to it and knead a few times.
4. For each piece of dough, roll out dough into a rectangle with the short width no wider than the (long) width of your loaf pan. Melt 2 tbsp of butter and spread out over dough. Mix 1/3 cup of sugar with 2 tbsp of cinnamon and spread all over the dough. Spinkle some raisins, if desired, over the do. Then roll up the dough tightly and press seam. Place in a prepared loaf pan.
5. Repeat the process for the other two pieces of dough. Then set the three loaves in a warm place and let rice for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped.