This is the first recipe for me to post that is completely mine! This recipe came about when I discovered during my Thanksgiving cooking that I had more sweet potatoes than I did ingredients for the Sweet Potatoes with Cranberry Orange Glaze. I decided to come up with a different glaze and it was a success!! This made a very yummy sweet potato recipe. I don’t have nutritional information for you on this one…but I imagine it is still under 300 calories per serving.
- 6 medium peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 of a can of concentrated orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Place potatoes with a few tablespoons of water, covered, in a 2-quart casserole dish; microwave at HIGH for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine sugar, margarine, orange juice, cinnamon and salt in a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Add to potatoes; toss gently.
- Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice during cooking. Makes 6 servings.