Get Ready! Over the next few days you will see quite a few recipes show up!! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. We kept it healthy and I think everyone enjoyed it! We are headed to my parents today and we will do another healthy meal tomorrow! I love being able to enjoy this holiday without having to worry about extra pounds being gained!
This pumpkin pie recipe is SOOO GOOD!! OMG! You would never know that it is only about 113 calories per slice (1 WW point!!!) This is once again another recipe from hungry-girl.com! YUM! YUM! The only change I made in the recipe was I used fresh pumpkin that my brother-in-law roasted instead of using canned pumpkin…but canned pumpkin would work great too!
- 2 cups Fiber One bran cereal (original)
- 1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 3 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- One 12-oz. can evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
- 1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine butter with 2 tbsp. water. Microwave until just melted, and set aside. In a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistency.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter mixture and crumbs with remaining ingredients for crust. Stir until mixed well.
- Spray an oven-safe 9-inch pie dish lightly with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute crust mixture, using your hands or a flat utensil to firmly press and form the crust. Press it into the edges and up along the sides of the dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the filling. Mix well. Pour mixture into pie crust. The filling may be taller than the crust -- trust us, this is okay!
- Bake pie in the oven for 45 minutes. Allow pie to cool slightly. Refrigerate for several hours (overnight is best). Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Cut into 8 slices and, if you like, top with Reddi-wip or Cool Whip before serving!