Friday, November 20, 2009

Peppermint Mocha

IMG_1587

OMG!!  I am falling in love with Hungry-Girl.com!!  She has so many cool recipes!!  She has a couple of copy-cat Starbucks recipes that I have tagged to try at my parents next weekend for Thanksgiving (I am doing the Thanksgiving dinner there on Saturday so look out in a couple of weeks for a bunch of recipes to be posted!!!). 

Anyways I thought this morning that I might just better try out on of those drink recipes to make sure they are worthy of taking!  After trying the peppermint mocha this morning I really don’t know if there will be any ingredients left to take down there!!  It truly was AMAZING!!  (by the time I took the picture though my crushed peppermint pieces had already fallen down into the drink!)

And I bet you are learning by now that I always seem to make a couple of adjustments in the recipes.  Her recipe called for 2 packets of Splenda but I thought I would taste the drink before I put them in and discovered that they were not needed!  I seriously think they would have made it TOO sweet!  I also found that you didn’t need as much peppermint extract as she stated (she stated 1/4 tsp).  So the recipe with my adjustments is below!!

OH – and this makes a tall 12 oz drink and is only 2 weight watcher points!!  You can easily 1/2 it for a 6 oz, 1 point drink!!

Ingredients:
2 packets Swiss Miss Diet hot cocoa mix
1 tsp. instant coffee
2 tsp. Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer 
a drop of  peppermint extract (up to 1/4 tsp depending on taste preference) 
1/3 peppermint candy cane (standard size), crushed
2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
Directions:
Empty contents of cocoa packets into a tall mug or glass. Add instant coffee and powdered creamer. Slowly pour in 12 ounces of hot water, stirring until cocoa and creamer have completely dissolved. Stir in the peppermint extractr. If your drink is extra-hot, let it cool for a minute or so. Top your drink off with the Reddi-wip, and then sprinkle the crushed candy cane pieces over the whipped topping. Gorgeous!!! MAKES 1 SERVING

No comments: