If you are wanting a change to over-used sweet potato casserole with all of the sugar and marshmallows then this is the dish for you!! This makes a very yummy dish and at less than 300 calories per serving you don’t have to feel guilty about eating it!!
- 6 medium peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons concentrated orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Place potatoes with a few tablespoons of water, covered, in a 2-quart casserole dish; microwave at HIGH for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine sugar, margarine, orange juice, cranberry sauce and salt in a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Add to potatoes; toss gently.
- Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice during cooking. Makes 6 servings.