You really can’t get any easier than a crock pot meal and this one was a definite winner!! Since it is so easy to prepare I was able to take the time to prepare a YUMMY new dessert!!!!
Santa Fe Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
- (2) 10 oz cans rotel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt to taste
- 8 servings cooked rice
- Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes or so before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning.
- Serve over rice. Serves 8. 7 points per serving!
Chocolate Mousse Crepes, aka Chocolate Chimichangas
(sorry – my picture didn’t turn out…didn’t realize until way after that one of the boys had messed with the settings on my camera and that is why I couldn’t get the picture to turn out right!!)
This dessert was AWESOME!! I got this recipe off of the Hungry Girl website! (great website by the way! You have to try it out! ) Her recipe called for ready to use 9 inch crepes or any 50-calorie dessert crepes. I didn’t have any ready made crepes so I made my own.
I changed the name to Chocolate Chimichangas because they look like little chimichangas. Plus, changing the name made them go well with my Mexican supper :-)
- 8 crepes (click here for recipe) or any 9 inch 50 calorie ready to use crepes
- 4 Jell-O Sugar Free Reduced Calorie Pudding Snack; Chocolate Vanilla
- 2 cups Cool Whip Free
- Fold Cool Whip into pudding and stir until blended. Into the center of each crepe , spoon 1/8 of pudding mixture. Fold crepes envelope-style, ensuring that there is nowhere for mixture to seep out. Place crepes in freezer for at least 1 hour. (note: I did this the day before)
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and set on medium heat. Beginning with the thinner crepe side down, heat for 1 minute. Carefully turn crepe and heat for an additional minute or two. Crepes will be slightly browned ‘n toasty on outside but cool ‘n creamy on the inside! Makes 8 Servings. Each crepe is about 110 calories making it only 2 points!!! (the Hungry Girl recipes said for you to half each crepe therefore giving you a 1 point serving…but I figured, hey what’s 1 more point!!)