For breakfast this morning I thought I would try a new blueberry muffin recipe from my Weight Watchers cookbook! This was a yummy, healthy recipe. I will tell you up front that the muffin is not the sweetest of muffins, but with the burst of flavor from the blueberries it worked fine for me. If you like your muffins sweeter you can try and add a bit more sugar. Of course it will skew your point value a bit if you are doing the WW points. When you follow the recipe these muffins are 2 points a muffin!
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries or rasberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees; spray a 12-cup muffin tin wi.th nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Gently stir in the berries. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg, and butter. Pour over the flour mixture, stirring until just blended (do not overmix).
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean and the muffins are golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool in the pan or on a rack 5 minutes; remove from the pan and serve hot.
(each muffin contains 91 cal and 2 grams of fat and is 2 points)