Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sweet Potatoes with Orange Cinnamon Glaze

This is the first recipe for me to post that is completely mine!  This recipe came about when I discovered during my Thanksgiving cooking that I had more sweet potatoes than I did ingredients for the Sweet Potatoes with Cranberry Orange Glaze.  I decided to come up with a different glaze and it was a success!!  This made a very yummy sweet potato recipe.  I don’t have nutritional information for you on this one…but I imagine it is still under 300 calories per serving.   

Ingredients
  • 6  medium peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 pounds)
  • 1/2  cup  firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2  tablespoons  margarine
  • 3/4 of a can of concentrated orange juice
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt
  • 1  tbsp cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Place potatoes with a few tablespoons of water, covered, in a 2-quart casserole dish; microwave at HIGH for 10 minutes or until tender.
  2. Combine sugar, margarine, orange juice, cinnamon and salt in a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Add to potatoes; toss gently.
  3. Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice during cooking. Makes 6 servings.

No comments: