Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Quick and Healthy Breakfast

I am not a breakfast eater…never have been.  But I am learning that a major part to a successful diet is breakfast.  You have got to start your day off right!  Your body needs the energy to keep you going…and you will be less likely to eat everything but the kitchen sink come lunch time!!  :-)

I have found a quick, easy and yummy breakfast that  I thought I would share. 

030000261927

This stuff rocks!!!  At 160 calories, 2 grams of fat and 10 grams of fiber it is perfect to get you going!!  (note: I follow the original points system that allows a 10 gram cap of fiber on single servings which makes this only 1 POINT!!!!  If you follow the 4 fiber gram cap rules then the point value would be 3)

And I have found a way to make it a bit sweeter…you may think I am weird but I like it and you need to give it a try!  I have found if you mix in a tbsp of your favorite fruit preserves it will give it that sweet jelly taste and not be but 1 point more (I used strawberry preserves this morning and 1 tbsp was 45 calories, 0 fat and 0 fiber).

This yummy recipe works for me!!

Make sure you tune in either at the end of the day today or tomorrow (depends on my time) for a yummy crock pot recipe and a dessert recipe that looks sinful, tastes sinful but is only 1 measly point!!! 

No comments: