I found this YUMMY recipe from kraftrecipes.com. Of course, as usual, I had to make some adjustments to it :-). Of course all of the adjustments was to make it healthier but you couldn’t tell it from the taste!! In fact my boys had 2 helpings! This was a winner! And one huge 1 1/2 cup serving was approximately 430 calories, 7.6 grams of fat, and 3.6 grams of fiber (that is 8.5 ww points!!)
Here is the recipe with the changes that I made!
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen vegetable blend with broccoli, carrots, cauliflower (3 cups)
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Made With 2% Milk Cheese
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup KRAFT FREE Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1 cup KRAFT Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- PLACE frozen vegetables in colander in sink. Cook Macaroni as directed on package. Pour cooked macaroni over vegetables in colander to drain and quickly thaw vegetables.
- RETURN macaroni and vegetables to same saucepan. Add Cheese Sauce, milk and dressing; mix well. Add cooked meat and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese; mix well. Spoon into 2-qt. round casserole dish; cover.
- BAKE 35 min. or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining Cheddar cheese. Bake 3 to 4 min. or until cheese is melted.
Prepare as directed except for baking; cover. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, bake, covered, at 375°F for 40 to 45 min. or until heated through. Remove from oven; uncover. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted.