There is a God and he does love me!! HA!! I found a low calorie, low point brownie recipe that is very very good!! Of course – it came from that Light & Delish magazine that I have been talking so much about!! NOTE - even though it has coffee in the ingredients, non-coffee lovers will love it as well. It does not have a coffee taste. As you will notice in the instructions they dissolve the instant coffee in the vanilla. I think this is the secret to the very rich flavor!. And are you ready for the nutritional information…make sure you are sitting down for this…per serving these little delights are 95 calories, 3 grams fat and 1 gram fiber!! That is 2 ww points people!!! WOW!
Here’s the recipe – it actually comes from Good Housekeeping
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder or granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup trans-fat free vegetable oil spread (60% to 70% oil)
- 3 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8" by 8" metal baking pan. In cup, dissolve coffee in vanilla extract.
- On waxed paper, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In medium bowl, whisk sugar, vegetable oil spread, egg whites, and coffee mixture until well mixed; then blend in flour mixture. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in brownies 2 inches from edge comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack, about 2 hours.
- When cool, cut brownies into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 4 squares. If brownies are difficult to cut, dip knife in hot water; wipe dry, and cut. Repeat dipping and drying as necessary.