I am still loving my Light & Delish magazine and made a homemade pizza last night!! One slice of this homemade pizza is approximately 180 calories, 4.25 grams of fat and 1.9 grams of fiber (that 3.5 ww points people!!!) The whole family loved this pizza! We will definitely be making it again! In fact they dough recipe makes enough dough for 2 crusts so I will be making it again real soon so that I can use my other crust.
The recipe for the dough is actually from Country Living! Below I have the recipe I made with all the toppings I used (which is what is calculated in the nutritional information above).
- 1 teaspoon(s) active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- cornmeal for dusting
- garlic salt (optional)
- approx 25 turkey pepperonis
- approx 25 slices of mushroom
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced olives
- 1 cup fat free mozzerella cheese
- 1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese
- Stir the yeast, sugar, and 2/3 cup warm (110 degrees F) water together and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Pulse flour(s) and salt together in a food processor. Stream in the yeast mixture and oil through the feed tube while continuing to pulse until a shaggy dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until dough is elastic. Place the dough in a large, oiled bowl. Cover with a dampened towel. Let rise in a warm, draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down to deflate, cover, and let rise for 30 minutes more.
- Divide dough in half. (each 1/2 will make a crust for a 12” pizza. If you are only using one then put the other half in the fridge to make another pizza later.Place dough on floured surface. Punch down with knuckles. Flour dough, hands, and rolling pin. Roll dough in long, even strokes and roll out to about a 12” circle.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray and dust with cornmeal and garlic salt (optional). Transfer your dough to the pizza plate.
- Assemble your toppings on the pizza dough.
- Bake in a 500 degree oven for 15 minutes, until dough is crispy.