Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tomato Basil Chicken

(sorry – I forgot to get a picture)

I have been saying that I was going to try this Hungry Girl recipe for quite some time now…and just keep forgetting about it.  Well I finally tried it this week and LOVED it!!  I can’t believe it took me so long to try it because it is so incredibly easy!  It will probably be a new family favorite around our house!

Each serving is only 175 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and 2 grams of fiber – which calculates to be 3 ww points!!  Serve it up with some steamed green beans and my garlic toast recipe for a nice low point meal!

Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 lb. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast tenders
Half a 28-oz. can (about 1 1/2 cups) crushed tomatoes with basil
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While you wait for the oven to preheat, cook onions over high heat in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, just until they begin to brown (about 3 minutes). Pour half of the tomatoes (1/4th of the can) into a medium baking pan. Lay chicken in the pan, and then top with onions. Pour the rest of the tomatoes (another quarter of the can) evenly over the chicken and onions. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes (until chicken is cooked through). Allow chicken to cool and sauce to thicken slightly before serving. Tada!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS

No comments: