This yummy appetizer tastes just as good as what you would get at the restaurant but is most likely much healthier (each 1/3 cup serving is only about 90 calories and 2 ww points)! This is another recipe I got from hungry-girl.com! I am in love with that website!!
- One 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained very well
- One 14-oz. can artichoke hearts (packed in water), drained very well and chopped
- One 8-oz. container fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- Half an 8-oz. can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parmesan-style grated topping, divided
- 3 tbsp. chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- If you want to serve this dish hot, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and 3 tbsp. of the parmesan-style topping. Add the salt and cayenne pepper, and then stir until smooth.
- In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook the onions and garlic over medium heat until soft (1 - 2 minutes). Set aside.
- To the large bowl, add spinach, artichoke hearts, water chestnuts and garlic/shallot mixture. Stir well.
- If serving dip cold, top with the remaining tbsp. of parm-style topping. If you want to serve the dip hot, transfer to a casserole dish, top with the remaining parm, and then bake for 30 minutes (or until bubbly).